Friday, July 25, 2014

A run on the bank

Free running (Parkour) in Gaza
Today I received two shocks to the system. I was rudely awoken at 5.30am precisely by what was thought to be a burglar. Windows were being banged on, and roof tiles rattled. Three thuds and then silence.

Someone was running on the top of the apartment building seemingly trying to break in. Police were called and morning dreams were ruined. Cops and apparent criminals were never seen again apart from a courtesy call at 6.30am to confirm that burglars were in fact free-running teenagers in black t-shirts who didn't like to sleep in apparently!


Very weird!

After my coffee and shock treatment I ventured out of the house for some air. It's become usual for me to check the news on my android phone every morning as I'm walking. People must have wondered by the look on my face if I'd been in shock-therapy because I soon needed to lie down again.

I've said a lot on this blog over the years, some of which I have now censored, and other parts I've tried to be subtle about. Certain things did need saying.

This morning I read the news and my heart skips a beat as I realize vips are reading my musings and memories after all!

I don't much miss my old jobs, or my previous bosses, but I can't help but smile reading the below and seeing Karma take over!

Quote: "FinCEN accused FBME, which though chartered in Tanzania operates primarily in Cyprus, of facilitating financial activity for transnational organised crime and Hezbollah.
FBME has denied the allegations, saying the US Treasury had compiled the report without its input."

No comments: